Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins
If you’re anything like me, you’re usually halfway to hangry before you realize you haven’t eaten in a hot minute and by the time you get to food, you’re ravenous and reaching for the quickest and easiest thing to shovel in your mouth.
On the craziest of days, it will be 2pm and all of a sudden I’m a raging monster and it’s too late… Kidding aside, preparation is key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and pleasant personality.
Lately I have been training with my coach bright and early which leaves little time to cook breakfast and to let it digest. I was prepping my food for the week and thinking about how I could get in a quick and nutritious energy source on my way to the gym so I could have better workouts… enter these delicious banana muffins!
Tender. Sweet. Moist. YUMMY! Packed with both quick & slow digesting carbs for energy and healthy fats to keep you full until your next meal!
What You’ll Need
- 1c all purpose baking flour (can use oat or GF as long as bananas are really ripe)
- 1c rolled oats
- 1scoop protein powder of choice
- 1/3c chia seeds
- 1/3c shredded coconut
- 1/3c maple syrup
- 1.5c ripe banana
- 1/3c melted coconut oil
- 3/4c coconut milk
- 1 egg (if vegan, sub out for 1tbsp coconut or olive oil)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, chia and coconut.
- In a different bowl, whisk egg, banana, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil. Add in flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Grease a 12 count muffin tin and distribute mixture evenly.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until golden on the outside.
Nutritional Info Per Muffin:
Calories 302 Protein 7.7g Fat 15.7g Carb 36g